Welcome to EEE Corner
About the Department
The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering was started in the year 2000 with an intake of 40 students in B.E - EEE programme. The intake was revised to 60 in the year 2001. The PG programme M.E - Power Electronics and Drives was added in the year 2013. The department has well established laboratories and well experienced teaching faculty.
The department has got permanent affiliation from Anna University - Chennai in the year 2014 and has got Research Center recognition for doing Ph.D. and M.S (By research) programmes. The B.E (EEE) programme was accredited by NBA in the year 2016.
The department aims at producing globally competent electrical and electronics engineers. It conducts technical and non technical events every year to improve the interpersonal skills of the students.
- B.E - EEE and M.E-PED are introduced in the year 2000 and 2015 respectively. So far 17 batches of undergraduate and 6 batches of postgraduate passed out since its inception
- Our alumni are working in a renowned organization/Industries like TNEB, Southern Railway, CSIR, TCS, CTS, Schneider etc.90% of eligible students are getting placed in top companies.
- NBA accredited UG programme. Therefore students can get more and better placements and also have plenty of options in doing higher studies at premier universities across the world.
- The department is Anna University approved research centre. Students can carryout their research activities in the state of art lab facilities with proper guidance from the experts.
- MoUs are signed with Industries like NI, VI Microsystems, Pentagon Switchgear, RAACTS, Interlogix etc to have more industry interactions and to support students for their industrial visit and internships to get practical exposure.
- MoUs are also signed with Multimedia University- Malaysia, South Eastern University of Srilanka and Tamilnadu Fisheries University to have faculty and students interactions. Faculties and students can do their research work in collaboration with these universities.
- Students are encouraged to take their courses/internships at foreign universities. They are also encouraged to participate in the events organized across the world.
- The department has maintained excellent students faculty ratio over the decade. 3 doctorates and all others are in the verge of completion of their Ph.D.
- Students of EEE are regularly participating in the curricular/co curricular activities across the world and won prizes.
- The department is maintaining the highly preferred choice for students admission over the decade.
- The success rate of the students admitted in the department of EEE in terms of degree awarded, placements and higher studies is maintained high.
- International conference/ symposium are organized at regular intervals to have better interactions amongst the researchers and students/faculties of EEE department.