The Institution of Engineers (IEI)
IEI was established in 1920 in Madras with Sir Thomas R. J. Ward as the founding president. It was formally inaugurated in 1921 by Lord Chelmsford, the then-Viceroy of British India. In 1935. IEI obtained the Royal Charter of Incorporation from King George V 'to promote and advance the science, practice and business of engineering'. Sir Thomas Guthrie Russell (President 1933–34) led the successful petition for a Royal Charter. Harold Williams served as President for a period in the 1950s. Dr. L V Muralikrishna Reddy, FIE, Int. PE, CEng (UK) is the youngest President and has assumed office at the Annual General Meeting held at Hyderabad on 21 December 2014. Er. Ashok Kumar Basa is the Immediate Past President, and Er. S S Rathore is the Past President. The Institution obtained the full membership of the Engineers Mobility Forum (EMF) at the Bi-annual International Engineers Meetings 2009 held at Kyoto, Japan on 17 June 2009.
IEI IN EGSPEC
|INSTITUTIONAL MEMBERSHIP ID||:||IM 000343-5|
|STUDENTS CHAPTER ID||:||AB/ ECSC/ 611002/ EGSP|